Lake Tawakoni Report 7-1-07

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WHFCatfish, Jul 1, 2007.

1. WHFCatfish

WHFCatfish New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went to Tawakoni twice this weekend and had a great time with my son. We caught 7 cats(worms and shrimp) on Friday and 6 cats(Danny Kings) on Sunday at the state park by the boat launch. Friday had a bass fisherman give me a 24" striper because he didn't want to clean just 1 fish. Sunday I had a another fisherman give me 7 cats because he said only 7 wasn't worth the effort, whoever that was THANKS!

2. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    WHF Catfish,

Welcome to the BOC. Do you fish Tawakoni often? Do you have a boat? My brother and I fish there fairly regularly. We have had no problems catching our limit each time we've been. We put in at Holiday Marina on Saturday about 2pm. Left at 7 both of us with our limit. Was a good time. All were eaters, nothing of any real size but the fishing was fun.

3. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Luke Clayton here. We had a church fishing trip/fish fry at Tawakoni this past weekend. Fished from Anchor Inn marina with guides George Rule (www.trophycats.com) and David Hanson and 3 guides that work with them. Fishing was good in water 3 feet or less on Danny Kings Catfish Punch bait under a slip float. The fish were up around the grass and lily pad beds. Bank fishing using this same rig should be very good here. The area around Anchor Inn Marina is excellent bank fishing with lots of shoreline vegetation to attact catfish. We saw several of the campers there pulling good numbers of channel cats from the bank. You might want to go to www.catfishradio.com and listen to Guide George Rule talk fishing at Tawakoni. Remember to check out www.catfishgold.com as well and learn about our catfish magazine CATFISH GOLD! Good times and good fishing to you!

4. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    HAVE U EVER HAD A CHANCE TO CATCH ANY OF THOSE HUGE SANDYS THERE .THEY R BLAST WITH KIDS:crazy:

5. bigsmitty13

bigsmitty13 New Member

State:
    Texas
    we ran across a school the other day, and absolutely killed them with a chrome rattle trap. tons of fun. They're no catfish, but i do keep a pole with a rattle trap dedicated soley for sandies now.

6. jwillie

jwillie New Member

State:
    texas
    went out last thur. caught 4 blues strper fishing with live shad.one26#,30#and two 6#,throwed the big one back,

7. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    I always keep a rod rigged with some sort or white bas lure for whites and hybrids in case I catch a school surfacing.