Lake Tawakoni Channel Catfish

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Jun 22, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Went to Tawakoni for the first time in about 3 weeks yesterday. I was worried because I havent been on the water in while to keep up with their movements. We fished for about 4 hours and ended up cleaning 49 good eating sized channels and one eating sized blue. We caught them from 2 to 12 feet of water around submerged timber and grass. Many still had eggs in them, most of the ones with eggs came from the deeper water??? I guess they will be spawning for another month or two. Just giving a report as I havent been on much lately.

2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Nice catch.That will make a good fish fry.

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I figure that the ones with eggs still in them prob will not spawn this year. I have caught them with eggs as late as mid July. I guess sometimes they just dont "lay" the eggs. I dunno though

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i fished the upper end of tawakoni saturday morning and we caught channels and blues until about 11am. did not catch a fish after that. it got hot and i guess they moved to deeper water. all fish were caught on danny king and secret 7. we did not catch a fish on shad.

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good ole' Tawakoni is tough to beat when it comes to catfishing, Isn't she? I was there week before last with Thom Whitlock and as always, was amazed at just how many catfish there are there. Good fishing to all. Luke Clayton

6. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Monday and Tuesday both produced limits. Surface temp went up about 9 degrees from Monday to Tuesday. Wednesday I shredded the pasture. Today, I went out after work and only got 5 keepers. I didnt mind though, I cleaned them and had fresh grilled catfish filets for dinner. MMMMMMMM Good. I spent most of my time scouting anyways, gonna try and get on some big fish before long, Ive had enough of cleaning eaters.:smile2:

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i'm still waiting on a flathead story

8. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Billy, I will give you a flathead story as soon as I can figure out how to catch one LOL. I havent tried yet, but I am thinking about getting some gills out of the pond and going tonight. I was going to fish for them Saturday night, but I had my wife, Clay and my nephew with me. They couldnt sit still that long LOL. We did get some really nice channels that night though, 1 of them was over 10 pounds which is a really big channel for Tawakoni.

9. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    gary, i'm still waiting for the lake level to go down before i can give it a try here.

10. catgrlcali

catgrlcali New Member

State:
    haltom city,TX
    gotta love that lake

11. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    TWOK owns all lakes. Best bite around.....