Lake Tawakoni bank fishing

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by silver_dollar, Apr 18, 2008.

1. silver_dollar

silver_dollar New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Will be heading to Greenville in about two weeks. Would like a place to bank fish with some kids. I have 4 youngsters that want to try their luck with drowning worms and soaking some cutbait for bream and cats.

Any suggestions appreciated!:big_smile:

Harland

2. kodys'papa

kodys'papa New Member

State:
    texas
    good area around on the west ramp of 2 mile bridge
    the point at the city park in west tawakoni

3. silver_dollar

silver_dollar New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thank you very much.....we will definitely give those places a try.

Harland

4. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    i seen a guy with a basket full of channels at the east end of 2 mile bridge when i was comming in today. he had corks about 3 ft deep about 15 yrds. out with night crawlers water was 68 - 69 degrees mabey getting ready to spawn.

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Luke Clayton here. Shad are shallow now and catfish and everything else is up in the shallows during the morning hours chowing down. I spoke with my friend Guide George Rule about an hour ago, it's 1140 C time now, and his clients were hammering the catfish in shallow water, using Magic Baits new puncbait. George and several other guides including Cliff Hill, Bro.Terry and Mike Weeks have been working with me and the folks at Magic Baits to perfect the bait. Look for it on the shelves at places like Wal Mart soon. Magic Bait is no newcomer to making quality catfish baits, they've been around since about 1970.. this new punch bait is already catching the heck out of catfish. Look for the bait to be the top producer and each can to be consistent with the last you use. This is the mark of a company with thight quality control... Good fishing and, at Tawakoni, not ALL the cats are shallow,some are coming on baited holes in water 15 feet deep.