Lake Tawakoni 9/20

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by motard1, Sep 21, 2008.

1. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I went out sat. morning about 6:30. We had motor troubles so we went and put in at wind point. Used the trolling motor to get around. We kinda drifted for a while. I ended up catching 2 good channels and derrick caught 1 blue. We were in 12' of water. Hopefully next time the motor wants to cooperate.

2. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Glad to hear that ya caught something. Me and my older brother got the lights on my boat workin, so we went nite fishing at Lake Somerville. Im always kinda paranoid when fishing from a boat, cause a ton of things can go wrong. Well, he was fishing at the back of the boat and me in the front. When we got ready to move spots, the motor wouldnt start. I paniced and automatically started flashing my spot lite at a boat that was a lil aways from us. My brother looked and the wing nuts was loose. SO, everything was cool. But he sure did laugh and enjoy telling my family about how i started to panic. Chances are, he was the one who loosened them. So, now im trying to think of a good payback...

3. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry you had troubles with your motor. That kind of ruins a trip to the lake but at least you caught something. I go out sometimes and don't even get a bite.

4. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Was fishing one night with a cousin near a swimming platform. It was just a jon boat but he'd put one of those metal wicker type chairs in there... the kind with what... 1/4 inch aluminum pipe legs. He got hung up on a bouy rope while we were easing by the platform. He thought he'd reach over to the ladder on the platform and pull us up against it while he tried to get unhung. He was kind of a bigger boy. Well, he leaned over to the right, pulled on the ladder, and the right two legs of that chair buckled and over he went. Pitch dark and falling out of the boat is a bit spooky hehe. I'll admit... I laughed and laughed. All night long, every once in a while I'd flick the light on on him and sure enough... his knees were still shaking hehe. Poor fellow... good memory and good story that still comes up when we see each other.

5. Fat Fred's Bro

Fat Fred's Bro New Member

State:
    Texas
    Motor problems are one thing.But running out of gas at night and rowing to a strangers dock in this day in time is pretty scary