Lake Tawakoni 5/28/07

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tobystan_2000, May 29, 2007.

1. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went out to Tawakoni with my brother and nephew again on Monday. Again, we fished off the rock at the dam with a pencil cork about 4 feet deep and as close to the rock as we could get. We nearly caught our limit. We started at about 8 am and fished until 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Took home and cleaned 73 fish.

Here are the pics of our mess of fish.

Attached Files:

2. pat muckelroy

pat muckelroy New Member

State:
    texas
    Nice catch! I plan to try the lake this summer. I went last summer and did not have a good trip. What kind of bait works during the summer? We stayed in a cabin on the east side of the lake and they only had frozen shrimp and minnows. Any info of the better places to stay and better bait houses would be appreciated. Pat Muckelroy

3. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    We have always had awesome luck with Shrimp on a bobber 4' deep at the dam, just off the rocks. As far as what works best, I don't think I could handle catching more eathers than we already are on anything else. I'm sure it's possible though.

As far as bait houses. The best one that I've used is at Hwy 47 and 276. It's an old service station. They still sell gasoline, snacks, ice, and everything else you would probably need for a day of fishing. But, in the old service area (the garage) they have minnows, and all kinds of tackle and bait. As far as where to stay. Not real sure what to tell you on this one. My brother lives about 20 minutes from Holiday Marina so I've never stayed the night out at the lake. We just fish and then go back to their place.

Anyway, fyi, Tawakoni is home to an AWESOME fishery. You'll have a blast fishing, buddy. I'll promise you that.

Good luck to you.

4. pat muckelroy

pat muckelroy New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks for the info! This is the type of information I needed as I am new to that lake. I am going in July and will give you a report back on the fishing. Again thanks, Pat Muckelroy

5. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Pat,

Let me know when you go and we'll meet you out there if you want some company. We're there every weekend that we can. Would love to show you where we catch 'em. Hopefully we can find a couple good spots to find some bigger fish. Most of what we catch are eaters.

Good luck to ya Pat.