Lake Tappan 4/1

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rockbass, Apr 1, 2007.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fished today at Tappan. Cats only wanted Shad. Decided to stop and get my girlfriend her liscense and it paid off for her. (she hates cattin)

She caught big fish of the day with a 4 lb 3 oz channel. She also caught one other small channel.

Greasemonkey was really on the fish today. Daughter was getting hungry and wanted to leave, but he stayed. I brought home 6 or 7 eaters from 2-4 lbs. Hopefully when he gets done he will have more fish to add to the totals! I'll try to get a pic of her fish up soon. I only fished from about 2:30 to 4. Sunny as could be, and the fish were constantly biting.

Almost forgot. This is the first time the woman has gone fishing in 2 yrs, and this was her first fish of the year. Not a bad way to start out!

2. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Good to hear things atre starting to pick up. I am meeting up with my Dad over at salt fork today to try my luck for the first catfish of 2007

3. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I was there saturday and we got skunked........but we fished a spot that usually isn't any godd until May