Lake Succession or Lake Broadway

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Jan 23, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i don't think either of these lakes have any blues in them, but i was still wondering if any of y'all ever fished either of these lakes and what they produced....there both small lakes but sometimes good things come in small packages.

2. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    All i've ever done is bass fish them.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yeah...i have had some good luck with the bass and crappie on both lakes but never really fished it for cats.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Seccesion has some pretty good channels and some pretty decent flatheads.I've never fished it, just seen pictures of em.The flatheads where caught off of jugs the channels where caught while striper fishing.I've always heard there was some big stripers in there.

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i have heard the same about the stripers...there's several bass clubs that hold tourny's on succession and they have hooked and landed some huge stripers on crank baits....just never hear of anybody fishin for cats though...makes me wonder.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Give it a whirl and let us know. I love to hear about people discovering new places to fish. We have a lake near hear called lake robinson that I think should have plenty of cats in it but I have never tried it i reckon I should though. It is a nuclear power plant cooling lake so the water temp is always around 80. Got me wanting to check it out now.LOL

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    All I ever hear about is bass fishing from both lakes.

8. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    rivercatsc...i think the biggest problem with lake robinson is that it has motor size restictions...that's like this other lake near me called lake rabon...i have heard of some good catfishing there but they also rquire permits and have motor restrictions too...broadway and succession have niether.

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    There is not a motor restriction in robinson (by the power plant) cause if u went there on a weekend you would think you were in the middle of the daytona 500 for boats. LOL

10. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yall are talkin about 2 different Lake Robinsons.One in the upstate one in the low country.

11. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I wwas thinking the same thing because the lake robinson and cunningham in the upstate has a 9.9 restriction and you also have to have a lake sticker on your boat to use it in these lakes.

12. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks I was wondering the lake I was talking about is in Hartsville right down the road from the Darlington Raceway and that is probabaly why I have not fished it because its like being in a nascar race.LOL I was thinking that the warm water ought to be a good place to catch year round flatheads if they are in there.