Lake Stanley

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Hillbilly Joe, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe New Member

State:
    indiana
    I am coming out to OKC.Does anyone know if the fishing is good at Lake Stanley.I've fished Hefner before but I was thinking about trying Stanley.

2. rbaggerly

rbaggerly New Member

State:
    OKC Area, Oklahoma
    I haven't had much luck there so far this year but I'm going out this week and try it again. I'll let you know how things turn out.

3. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I am assuming that you are talking about lake Stanley Draper.

4. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    there are some good fish in the lake. u cant throw net , but if u takr fresh shad with u its good.

5. Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Do any of you fellows have any suggestion for good catfishing around the OKC area?

6. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Arcadia and T-bird are the ones I am most familiar with. there are some section of the North Canadian that I "hear" have some brutes in it.

A little more info and I'm sure we could help more..... Boat or bank fishing.....How far do you want to drive?

Dave

7. Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe New Member

State:
    indiana
    David I will be bank fishing and I'm willing to drive a couple hours for some big cats.Also are the crappie going crazy yet?Thanks for your help.

Joe

8. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    If you are looking for big cats...... I would have to say El Reno. I haven't caught anything really big myself out there but they are definitely in there.

Take I-40 west to exit 123 (Country Club Rd.)
    Go north (Right) to Elm St. (4 way stop sign)
    Go west to Lake

When you exit the highway you have to stop at Wal-mart. The city requires a city fishing permit. You can get it at the sporting good counter.

You can buy bait and minnows at the convenience store @ Elm St. While you are in there check out the picture they have on the wall.

I went fishing there on Friday and saw a guy catch a Drum that was at least 20#. The state record Flathead came from there and I have not seen a channel cat under 3# there. I am sure there are small ones too but I have never caught any.

When are you going to be in town? Are you staying by the airport? I know of a pond that I can take you to close to the airport that has some nice cats.

Dave