Lake Stanley Draper

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Phil Washburn, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    anyone EVER catch any fish there? Darryl and i went yesterday afternoon and, not only did we not catch any, we aren't sure we even saw any on the sonar:confused2:

found this this morning, Darryl......SLOW isn't the word for it, eh?:smile2:

http://www.anglerguide.com/oklahoma/index.cfm?TR_ID=863

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Darn Phil, Fuzzface and I went yesterday to Lake Arcadia. Must have caught 2 to 2 1/2 dozen fish and kept the largest 15...went about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds average. I must have hooked the USS Swordfish, cause something took off like an underwater rocket. I was playing with a darn circle hook again...felt the fish for about 45 seconds and then had the thought, I'd better set the hook on this puppy. Yep, it was gone. Darn circle hooks... man gets excited and he forgets what he is using. We were fishing minnows, threaded on the hook like a worm, in 21 to 27 foot water. All in all, a pleasant day... wish you were there - LOL

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you hear Lawrence, Darryl?
    shucks, how much do you charge to guide?:big_smile:

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Arcadia has their own set of permits and fees and it makes the OK city lake permits look cheap. I am pretty close to having a 100 dollar bill invested in permits. I think I'll just fish what I can fish legally. Oh yeah, I still need the Texoma permit. ArgHHHHHH!!!!!:angry:

5. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Twenty years ago, I found bluecats of size and good numbers in the deep water near the rocks adjacent to the entry plume of piped water. The current from the piped-in water was a great place to find smaller blues in large numbers, but the water was extremely shallow.

But that was 20 years ago... :oops::baffle:

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Phil, Darryl, Fuzzface and I have annual permits for Arcadia. We can take up to five people in a vehicle and we have two boats. Your more than welcome to come along anytime you want.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I appreciate that Lawrence. I'll be here for 6 weeks. Right now my schedule is pretty busy unless you are talking about a few hours some late afternoon. Maybe something will work out. I don't even know where to get bait with all the restrictions the OKC city lakes put on you.:angry: You'd think after $40.00 worth of City permits I could at least catch some shad to use out of the lakes.:angry:

Anyway, good fishing to you.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Gary and I are retired, so we can fish at any time. Just let us know... 250-3750.

9. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    The only thing I've ever heard of being caught out of Draper is bodies...:eek:oooh: Seems to be the place to leave the departed.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Thats what I've been saying Chris. There are just no catfish in Oklahoma big enough to remove the evidence. Surely not in Draper. Maybe some turtles though.

11. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I've been here for 30 years, and I've never even heard a good fishin lie about draper, let alone see a fish come out of there.

12. onemorecast

onemorecast New Member

State:
    Moore, Oklahoma
    Ive never caught any cats out there, but did see a guy pull in a 15 lbs flattie, but he had it on a jug line he was fishing from the shore, right beside the 4 four poles he was using. When I told him he was way out there in the wrong, he got all crappy with me, released the fish and packed up his stuff. I have caught quite a few nice bass in the 17"-20" range and lot of big crappies, both in the fall and winter months. Not much luck in the summer time though.

13. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    If memory serves me right, Draper is a better place to hide a body than it is for fishing.

:004: