Lake St. Louis Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by westman407, Jun 12, 2008.

1. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So what is the deal with the Lake St. Louis Lake? Do you have to be a member of an association or own property or is there way to pay to go on it? Anyone have the answers I would appreciate it. I would love to fish it!

2. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    I am not sure but would like to know also. I am guessing that you have to live there.

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Lake St Louis is for members of the "Lake St Louis" community. It is a private lake and they are pretty strict on making sure that visitors have their there "Lake Permits".

Although from what I hear, you're not missing much, I've heard that the Lake is highly polluted and the fishing is not all that great due to the high amount of pleasure boaters and water skiers out there. :confused2:

4. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    You do have to live there to fish it. The fishing is awsome on that lake I've fished it for years my buddy lives on it.:big_smile:

5. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    okay, I called the Marina at 636-625-3120 they told me that you have to be a resident and you have to be current on your amenities being paid.:angry: Anyway, they do not offer permits or anything...ugghhhh So there that is. I live in Winfield and I am looking for a lake to take my boys to this weekend. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Should be a lake right in your back yard by this weekend, in Winfield.

7. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    not really what I had in mind...Flooding does not constitute a nice lake. :big_smile:However, I should have some good post for that thread.. what is the strangest thing you have seen floating down the Mississppi river.:roll_eyes:

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well there you go....I have heard that the fishing was terrible, but I've never fished it. What's in there? The usual bass, bluegill, crappie?? channels, flatheads??

9. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Lots of good size channels and big flats and lots of them. God bass and crappie to.:big_smile:

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Heck! I didn't know that! I know a couple guys that work over there for the city, I wonder if I can get out there now? :eek:oooh: I have never targeted flatheads before, maybe since the rivers are shot, I could get out over there! You have me all excited now!!!:big_smile:

11. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    don't forget to bring me:big_smile:

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    LMAO!! I got to get on there first!!! LOL!!

13. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    okay then:dribble: LOL

14. jolle

jolle New Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    I used to fish there and it can be great. Most people on the lake are just partying, and the fisherman are after bass. There are plenty of nice channels in there, and they've stocked flathead but they require catch and release. I've caught a lot of nice channels. One night I'm pretty sure I hooked a flatty (although I was using cut shad) . . . he just swam along the bottom and slowly headed away . . . I held the rod tight as the drag was going out and the hook popped out :angry:

Anyway, I got in through my brother-in-law, whose parents lived there. They recently moved, so we no longer have access.

15. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Hey Rat I have Caught many Flats in there on Bass jigs & crankbaits.If you go out there fish around the 2 Islands up lake that's a good spot for flats hooked alot up there.:smile2:If your after nice channels go up in the creek underneath hwy 40 lots of log & brush up there looks good.

16. 3dukmn

3dukmn New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was fishing in Bass tournaments there last year when a guy came in a weighed a 19 lb flathead.

No - it didn't count towards the weight in the tournament, but he said he caught it on a chatter bait (artificial bass lure).

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Is that the lake you can see from the hillside ? If so , that sure is pretty scenery. I would like to fish that sometime. :big_smile:

18. catfish2006

catfish2006 New Member

State:
    Saint Ann, Miss

yes you have to have property and not all house in lake st.louis can fish it. it have to be on the lake or have lake right. so if you do not live their you can not fish it. Sry

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ill just have to sneak down there at night then. :smile2:

20. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    best cat fishing is done in ski mask:smile2: