lake st. louis fishing.

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by N8theGr8, Nov 25, 2009.

1. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    I dont fish the lake.... well because im not allowed. apparently its private and im sick of gettin run off by water patrol so i started fishing the creek that runs off the big lake and ill tell ya we pulled out all kinds of stuff this past summer. before it got it cold i pulled out over 30 channel and bullheads in just 2 hours but theres also some decent flat heads.

7lb bullhead
    [​IMG]

10lb flathead
    [​IMG]

15lb flathead
    [​IMG]

25lb flathead i found dead. he was fresh too. lol
    [​IMG]

2. hook'em

hook'em New Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    uh dude, a 7lb bullhead would be a state record. :confused2:

do you have a bigger picture you can post of that fish?

hook'em

3. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    yea i have caught 2 that weighed 7lbs believe it or not. they dont look there weight though. give me a sec to find some bigger pics.

4. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    alright try clicking this link.

[​IMG]

5. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Nathan… Appreciate you sharing your catfishing with us, that’s what it’s all about, when we all share, we all learn… I am going to have to put to scrutiny the fish you posted your pic of… channels and blues have distinct forked tail, your pic has that plus other features of a channel… bullheads have squared tails much like a flathead.

http://mdc.mo.gov/fish/sport/catfish/id.htm

It’s still a nice fish but it sure does look like a channel… You’ll be seeing some responses from folks here, we all just have a passion for catfishing… that’s how we learn, from one another.

6. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    u know i didnt even think about that i was just paying attention to his color but yea the bullhead does have a flat tail lol.

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    where are you parking to fish the creek? We used to fish it but it has been many years. Looks like it has built up around there quite a bit since I fished there last.

8. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    Theres a few places i park. If im fishing the dam i park directly across the street from the subway in a parking lot on the south service rd by the mail building and a college. Then just take the sidewalk down to the big lake and climb down the rock wall lol. Another good spot is right under hwy 70. U just get on west terra lane across from a tractor equipment dealer and theres a gravel road that takes u under the bridges of the highway. In the summer its loaded with fish but since it got cold its completley changed. Thats were i learned to fish for cats lol but iv since moved on to strictly river fishing.

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Thanks. We used to fish above the lake. We would park on Callahan road and walk down toward the lake. It was especially good after a 2 inch rain. Its all grown up now with houses and such. Prolly get run out if you tried it.