Lake St. Clair Channel Cats

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MattyGfishing, Sep 13, 2009.

1. MattyGfishing

MattyGfishing New Member

State:
    Hawaii
    What are the best bait for them there, I've tried worms, liver, shrimp, and cut shiners, nothing has worked?

2. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    It will be hard to catch cats in number in the lake. There are 23 square miles of water that is all similar. The fish are going to be all over the place. Drifting the shipping channel might be your best bet. I would look to the river. Fish out of the main channel. There are some flats with good depth, low current and weeds. I would go out in the day time and find large openings in the weed and place a bouy in there and come back at dark. Use some stink bait for action and cut bait (Perch) for the big boys. There are some big cats in the so don't show up with your walleye gear.

3. dcalcaterra14

dcalcaterra14 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    i have caught about 20 this year biggest 12 must of them are 6-8 pounds all on nightcrawlers.... try windmill point farms park i cast for them off piers

4. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    I would try suckers or chubs, the ones sold as pike minnows. Also, chunked up sunfish should work well, too. By the way, are you fishing from shore, anchoring or drifting? Good luck, and lets know how things are working for you.