Lake Springfield

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by oh_darn, Nov 2, 2007.

1. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    anyone caught anything worth talking about there? i go every time im visiting my mom, but the biggest ive caught was 10 pounds. if anyone knows any good spots, and what bait to use id love to hear about them. thanks

2. Big Russ

Big Russ New Member

State:
    Missouri
    10 lbs ,man I wish I could catch a 10 lb`er at this lake.Been here in Ozark for about 4 months now and fished springfeild a half dozen times and nothing bigger than about 1.5 lbs.
    10 lbs. sounds great!!
    Russ

3. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    Well 10# was my biggest. And that was a shocker for me when i hooked him. But the biggest I've ever seen pulled out of there was a 56 pounder. I talked the guy into putting her back, so as far as I know, she's still out there waiting to be caught again. That's one of the reasons I fish there. Caught on a perch fillet I do believe, right off that little point over by the dam

4. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    now is the time to fish the hot water discharge!! Get out on the end of the fishing area and fish the slack part of the water, towards the main lake, :big_smile:the catties are laying out there just waiting

5. lefty

lefty New Member

State:
    mo.
    was the big cat a flathead?