Lake Springfield Tournament Record

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Branj796, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    The past weekend was the annual classic. A record second day weight of 145 pds in six fish, was weighed. The winning weight was around 175 pounds for the two day tournament. The first day a 101 pd weight was brought in by another team. Awesome tournament and it just keeps getting better. If you happen to fish at Lake Springfield and catch a blue please catch and release so that it can be caught by another angler on another day.

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I will have to keep track of this next year and try to make it up there .

3. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    heres a pic of the 61lber and the 43lber there was also a 23lber in the 6 fish limit

Attached Files:

4. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Going out tommorow morning. If anyone wants to bring their boat out and join us we will be taking off around 6:30 am. I am going to catch me a blue. I know exactly where they caught them. It is one of my favorite spots. I did not get to fish in the tourny. Me and my partner were in a car accident that Friday or we may have been holding one of those blues. Man its a cruel world but great to see someone catch fish like that outta this lake

5. lookingforthebigone

lookingforthebigone New Member

State:
    illinois
    Isnt that the same people that cought the big blue in the sept tourney? if so they broke to records in a row but their are some nice fish tho

6. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    No it was a totally different team. These guys had never even fished together but were both qualified for the classic and needed partners due to conflicts with normal partners. Funny they only weighed like 30 pounds the first day. Just got on their hole. They caught all within 50 yards of one another. The guy who caught the two big ones normal partner is a buddy of mine and man was he upset about missing that tournament.

7. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    And why werent you at the banquet? I won a rod, hooks, and a gallon of oil. Plus the food was good and free beer.

8. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    did anyone see the State Journal Reigster article about the 61 pd blue cat caught out of Lake Springfield? Awesome fish - they definitely are taking hold in the lake....

9. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    They are definately being brought up from the Mississippi River but they are doing very well here. They are growing at an astonishing rate. Its awesome having the opportunity to catch a fish of a lifetime, at our local lake. Saw the article and saw the fish. The 65 pder was the biggest caught that weekend and the rest of the year in a tournament. The largest one caught out of the lake so far was by my fishing buddy John, a heavy 66. We were pumped to say the least

10. lookingforthebigone

lookingforthebigone New Member

State:
    illinois
    i didnt go because i didnt think i could i didnt get to fish the big one because i didnt have 3 turneys in so i just thought it was the same for the food? sorry it took so long to get back just havent been on in a while ttyl