Lake Springfield Shad

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SLIPKNOT, Apr 16, 2008.

1. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Anyone catching any bait on Lake SPringfield or any other lakes around the State??

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Caught some decent sized shad at Baldwin lake.. then again it is a power plant lake and stays warm year round.

3. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Where did you find them at? Around docks?? Rip Rap? Im going to a power plant lake Saturday thats y I am curious.

4. TccaAl

TccaAl New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You should be able to get shad in the hot water ditch at Springfield. If they aren't in the ditch try the rip rap in the coves.

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I am no help with Lake Springfield... but I would indeed hit near the hot water discharge. I was probably about 50 yards away from the discharge and caught some nice size shad in a cove. They obviously did not like sitting too close to it but definetely enjoyed the warmer water. Hope I helped a smidgeon.

6. catfish ted

catfish ted New Member

State:
    Cantrall, Illinois
    I've been to Lake Springfield 3 times this year, and caught shad every time. I can usually always get some in the hot ditch. Last time out, caught some near Jester's Park, near the Marina.