Lake Springfield fishing

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by howards, Jun 22, 2007.

1. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    Well I'am in springfield tonight with my buddy Leland and we may go to lake springfeld to bank fish on sunday....anyone here who can tell us where to fish from the bank with some luck...also going to try to be at the weight in on sat. night...hope to see you there...howards

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Ill be there Sat for the Tourney.. If you see someone walking around looking clueless, that'll be me :eek:oooh:

Far as bank spots at Springfield..Theres the Steps or the "green pipe". I hear the old boat ramp next to lindsey bridge can be good. It's opposite the bridge on the same side of the lake as the new boat ramp. It's super deep, but the cove right next to it is shallow, though I've never personally fished there.

3. CantFish86

CantFish86 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If you talking about the ramp spot by beach house thats private prop. I didnt see any signs or nothing but the 1 facing the lake itself and a guy came up to me and brother and said we had to leave. think its called the old massy's boat ramp.

4. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    Leland and I made it to the weight in Sat. night...the fish were to small because everone was putting them back into the lake:smile2:.......no don't tell me what was going on...I know:wink:...look like fun.

5. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If ya can find a few Shad , the ole Hickory Point area ,South of Island Bay yacht Club has some sand ,rip rap and a channel all in close enough for bank fishermen.
    Easy access and if ya keep a spinning rod handy the Whites show up there once in awhile to entertain ya too.
    There is another ramp just North of the Beach house. Think it's refered to as the sailboat ramp. Good deep hole right off the concrete and very little traffic.

R Green