Lake Shawnee

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by coyotechromez, Jun 14, 2009.

1. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    Where are all the fish everyone is catching at Shawnee(besides in there freezer)? Went out for few hours last night and I caught one..... TURTLE on shrimp WTF?:confused2: We fished the south end where the parking area is, is that the wrong area?

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    did ya see a beat up red dodge with contractor magnets on it ??

3. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    Not that I know of, what time?

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    we put in about 630 and out at bout 11 - 1130

5. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    I got there about 9:30 left about midnight, I have a red mountaineer with L&H sticker on back window

6. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i'll keep an eye out for ya

7. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    you wouldn't happen to be a licensed electritian would you?

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    no, ele.work scares me. i'd end up dead or blowin somethin up :smile2:

9. krazyCat

krazyCat New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    JJ, what are you guys using for bait out there? I am going to try and make it out tomorrow evening.

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    James caught bout 1/2 doz 1-2 lbrs on liver. i dont fish shawnee usually. only to get my gills for the river. another guy i know that fishes there uses liver also so i guess thats what they like. how you been ol boy ?? been a while.

11. krazyCat

krazyCat New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Doing great! Couple weeks ago went to Banner and caught several cats off of liver. Biggest one that I caught was 14 lbs. I need to meet up with you sometime and you show me how to catch big cats like the one in your profile pic. Hope that everything is going well for you.

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    sounds like yer catchin more than me. sounds good to me, prob goin to junction on sat if dad dont work so he can get some boat info but other than that i should be fishin somewhere. im doin good now that im back in KS.

13. groundsquirrel

groundsquirrel New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've heard liver works well out there, but I have never caught anything on liver. Maybe just a bad day for me. I know there are some hogs in there, just cant seem to get them to bite my hook.

14. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    think im goin to the lake to get some bait. if anyone is in the area stop by.

15. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I fished Shawnee from 8:30pm until a little after 9pm tonight and finally caught my first flathead. Shrimp was the bait used. There's a little room for improvement for my next flathead since the fish only weighed about 8oz :smile2: It was CPR'd. :wink:

16. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I love lake shawnee. I fish it every other weekend. Biggest fish last year outa there was a 45 pound flatty. As far as bait, Ive hammered channels on live minnows under floats, dead minnows on bottom and recently at the dock bait store I got some of that catsnot blood dipbait and caught 80 channels last week 2-10lbs. Look for the flathead hunter sticker on back of my white colorado truck. See ya:wink:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  17. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Oh and at shawnee it seems to be more about location than bait. Just my two cents.

18. dlsloan

dlsloan Member

State:
    Kansas
    fished shawnee today caught 31 channels,nothing of any size,biggest about 3 pounds and lots of dinks,all were caught in deep water on primos original and blend of secret7

19. dlsloan

dlsloan Member

State:
    Kansas
    caught 20 at shawnee today, 2 of us all released just like yesterday,biggest was 6 pounds but mostly dinks

20. phatboyz

phatboyz New Member

State:
    kansas
    so where is some good spots a guy can bank fish and have some luck on the lake? thanks shannon