Lake Shafer

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bnorth, May 31, 2008.

1. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Will be up at Shafer this coming weekend. The girlfriend has a company picnic during the day and I told her I would go if we could go fishing afterward.

We'll be bank fishing; anyone willing to give some info on good access spots to produce some nice cats?

I wouldn't mind catching some of those behemoth carp roaming around there either.

2. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No takers eh? There must not be any fish at all in that lake.

3. jeff1979

jeff1979 New Member

State:
    burnetsville,indiana
    try around noway dam just a couple of minute away from the beach usally alot of people there the is the only place i can think of off the top of my head

4. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Do you suggest lake side or discharge side? I know there is a public access spot downstream of the discharge but I wasn't sure about lake side.

5. catfishcalhoun

catfishcalhoun New Member

State:
    indiana
    i used to live on the lake . there are not alot of bank fishing sites, below the dam is a good spot but very busy you might try o north from beach to big monon there is a bridge it is short on the north side ofthe bridge is a marina on the right and a trailer park with boat ramp on the left. fid a place to park i used to sit in my boat just on the westside of the bridge there is a deep hole just off the bridge ,people used to fishfrom the southwest bank of the bridge used crawlers and soft crawes fish on bottom lots of baot traffic going under bridge good luck . other good bank spot in monticello off of main st by shopping center usd to be kfc there go east thereis a park and plenty of structure to fish

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    below it north. there is a creek to the east side, and inside bend&flat 100yrds down on west side. just before the bridge on east side has been good to me too. down past the bridge on west side there is an access also, which allows you to walk way down the bank if you choose(great sucker/carp/(channels at night) spot). also try the old dam down river from blue water loads of ruble in there and is a stop over for early migration cats which are on now. oakdale dam is south of town and has good numbers of fish at times too. also head up the west shore of Shafer upper third has a few creeks that enter the res., those should be hot now too especially if you get some rain!

7. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tim and Brian- thanks for the info, I got to lookin' on good 'ol Google Earth and found the spots you were talking about. Now I just gotto convince the girlfriend that fishing is the best thing we can do after a long day at Indy Beach! I'll let you all know if I have any luck.

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    "Now I just gotto convince the girlfriend that fishing is the best thing we can do after a long day at Indy Beach!"

good luck with that bro. lol