Lake Shafer and Freeman

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by dusty1529, Mar 9, 2006.

1. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    Anyone been fishing the dams on lake Shafer and freeman? I was planning on taking a trip down there this weekend and was just wondering how the fishing was.

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I fished the tippy from Shafer damn to lake freeman wed. Got skunked:mad: . BUT the people right below the damn were catching walleye.
    I was on shafer last week ans got skunked again:mad: but the wind was really blowing and the waves were1' hi. Froze my butt off.
    When I was in the bait shop they said they were getting walleye below Oakdale damn. I don't fish there because I have a hard time getting down the slope to the rail. Thats all I can tell ya.
    Bill

3. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    Thank you for the info. I think i will head that way on Saturday and try my luck. I havent fished that area much but I hear it can be verry good!

4. catfisherman

catfisherman New Member

State:
    IN.
    Dusty the cats are hitting a little bit at the dam, but its slim pickins.Mosty drums and Walleye are being caught right now, but I've seen some Channels being dragged in.As soon as the water warms up another 5-10 degrees will be in business.

Regards,Catfisherman

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    catfisherman,

I noticed that was your first post. Welcome to the BOC! This is a fabulous place. You won't be disappointed!

Thanks for sharing your info!

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yes the eyes are starting to hit good now. get on it boys ill see you there soon!

7. catfisherman

catfisherman New Member

State:
    IN.
    Thanks for the welcome Matt.Will look forward to talkin with everyone.

8. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    Matt, welcome to BOC. Haven't fished the dam myself yet but my buddy from work got three Eyes Thursday biggest was 5 pounds. Was using a Berkley power grub and minnow below a bobber about two foot down and twitching it as it floated down river. Chartreuse color! Good luck if you try it!! Another thing, about two to three weeks from now try a orange and gold shallow running rapala. I have hammered them on this in the past few years, use it like a jerk bait ripping it and letting it stop. Hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!