Lake Sangchris question

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by nitronostrils, Jun 21, 2007.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    I was looking at an aerial view of Sanchris and noticed white outlines near the trees along the bank. Are those dirt/gravel roads that can be accessed by the public? If so, I think I found a spot I would like to try. Thanks.

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Well, don't know what you were using for Arial view, but yes usually white lines are roads.. Don't know if they are publicly available or not.. I *believe* there are few that run into there, like the roads to the old cemetery, etc... Best bet would be to go on a scouting trip driving around.... Find alot of good spots that way..

3. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC jeremy, glad to have you!!

4. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    I'm using mapquest type in Taylorville and then start zooming in, at the top right of a particular map it has two options street view or aerial then zoom in alittle more.

Thanks, Cat Man.

5. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I think that's just dirt along the shoreline, there aren't any roads that run parallel to the lake inside the tree line. if you're talking about hte stuff in the backs of all the coves, the kind of greenish-gray stuff, those are lillypads.

Thanks for the tip about mapquests' hi def maps though, google maps has been letting me down with their low res aerial photos.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    your doing exactly what i do. using a satellite site to find your bank fishing spots. good idea, now like subzero said go out on a road trip and scout your spot. take a machete for the poison ivy:wink:

7. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    well i am asumming your talking about the west side of the lake if your going to walkin from over there you better have hiking boots on. west has dirts roads that can not be used. you have to park in the designated sots along the road. the north and the east side are your best bet for walkin spots. so much you cant fish without a boat.