Lake Sangchris - Giant Hot Tub

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SubnetZero, Aug 4, 2007.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Hit Lake Sangchris last nite to chase some Flatheads..
    Water Temp was 97 :crazy:

Coolest place we found was 95, heh...
    Caught 1 channel around 4lbs.. I did have a hard take down on a katbobber.. Had a live gill under is and something slammed the whole katbobber under.. Not sure if it was a cat or striper... Couldnt get a hook set on it :angry:

Think with the water that hot, gonna be hard to find the flatheads.... May have to find a new location until a cools off a bit....

2. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Tim I just got back from Sangchris and totally agree. All that lake needs is some bubbles and poof....natures hot tub. No bites, nothing! Should have went with the gut and went to Clinton.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds about right :crazy: hows the water level up there? we were over at Coffeen 10 days ago and It was 96* then! I figure it maybe hit'n the 100 mark by now :sad2: shame to we were just starting to hit some good fish, any one have any more up todate news on Coffeen, I am affraid the ramps are setting high and dry by now as low as it was 10 days ago with no rain..

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Water Level was fine.. About 3 inches below going over the spillway..

West Ramp is a tad short, gotta watch how far you back in or your trailer tires fall off the end :eek:oooh:

New East Ramp very good.... Much busier than the West though....