Lake Sangchris ALERT!

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by nitronostrils, Jun 24, 2007.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Just returned from Sanchris with a few buddies near the dam and wanted BOC members aware of this. A guy walks up and ask how fishing was going, we replied ok a few channels. We had a good set up going poles, tackle, cooler w/ fav beverages. Then he asked to buy a beverage off us, ok one is fine what a fatal mistake! it led to his misfortunes, girl problems, etc etc. He stood at the side of our spot, then decided to start touching our equipment. I being the more outspoken one said hey dude just leave, stood there awhile and walked off to the parking lot. Whewww!! Then thank god one buddy has keen sense of hearing told us hey I hear air being let out of a tire, so my other bud and myself walk up towards the lot, I have my Mag-lite and lit his A$$ up, he promptly walks to his car and revs the motor before he could even get it reverse. He let about 15 LBS of air outta my rear tire. such grade school behavior. But anyways he is about 6'2"-6'4", 200lbs+, short brown hair, drives a pontiac grand am or grand prix white w/ colordo plates. Likes to talk about work specially ADM in Decatur, or a maintance company that repairs for ADM-forget the name.

Good night at Sanchris, no this didnt scare me off, it more makes me wanna go more to catch up with this SOB. Just thought I would tell everyone, cause it sounds he goes there often. Its a small world, very small.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Talkin bout your problems is one thing.... but don't go touch'n my gear..... BIG NO NO!!!! Thank your lucky stars he didn't cut your tires!!! There are morons everywhere, you just have to watch for them, they will show themselvespretty quick most times!

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    drunks! theres nothin wrong with puttin some back but i hate it when they start gettin wierd on me. if you cant run with the big digs, stay on the porch. that means handle ur liquor.

4. CantFish86

CantFish86 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Theres been a few like that we had a guy come up and claim my tackle box was his then my brother grabed my folding chair and guy said opps wrong group and walked off. Sangchris is good for those fools who need lil beating.:crazy:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Always think safety first. Carry your cell phone with the local law enforcement number already logged into the phone. When you encounter a wierdo call the police and let them do the screening. They know what todo and how to do it. Think smart and you will live to fish another night.:lol::big_smile:

6. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    well i live in christian county and if you have to wait for the cops at sanchris and something was really wrong its gonna be awhile. not the best, but yeah you got to watch it out there seems like there are always werdos running around out there. one more reason why illinois needs concealed carry. just my 2 cents

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i always carry my knife so they better not mess with me, i never had any problems yet i fish that dam at nigh alot

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Man... bad luck. FOrtunate for me, I have never run into problems like that. Might be because I am a big guy with a shaved head! I'd assume club him and put him on a hook for bait! :wink:

9. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I guess if im ever up that way ill keep an eye out. Glad you caught him before you ended up with a flat tire though.