Lake Russell

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bank Catter, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Bank Catter

Bank Catter New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Can any of you guys offer any suggestions for fishing Lake Russell?

I was down there Sunday just below the Hartwell dam and only heard ONE boat in the early PM! I'm a bank fisherman and that was good news to me - unlike Hartwell. I imagine that the recreational boaters and jet skiers were not around because of the timber cut off and left in the lake.

How's the fishing? I'm kinda frustrated trying to fish Hartwell.

Help!

2. klemsontigers7

klemsontigers7 New Member

State:
    SC
    Russell gets jugged and trotlined out. Try fresh cut herring if you're looking for the big daddies, if you're looking to catch some channels, you should be able to catch a few near bridges on cutbait and chicken livers. Don't try any of the baits at walmart, just livers or fresh bait. Good luck.

3. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I don't think you'll see alot of boat traffic behind the dam.It's pretty dangerous in there.I dont' know far below the dam you where but when you start getting up in there a ways it get bad.If they're not generating,that water is low and if they are it's fast so most people don't mess around up in there unless they are well familiar with it.I've seen boats bust up through there to the bridge,and I just cringe thinking they're fixing to bottom out on a rock bar :D

4. Bank Catter

Bank Catter New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Thanks guys for your tips! I'm thinking about trying a floating dock 2 miles downstream of the Hartwell dam one morning during the long weekend.

I'll try herring and liver.