Lake Russell 8/10/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by reeloldcat4, Aug 10, 2009.

1. reeloldcat4

reeloldcat4 New Member

State:
    Ware ShoalsSouth Carolina
    I fished Lake Russell today in BLAZING HEAT. Caught 3 in the morning and 27 from 8 pm untill 10 pm. The largest was an 8 lb Channel Cat. I enjoyed the evening drift. :big_smile:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Now that sounds like fun. Congrats on the catch and thanks for the report.

Welcome to the BOC.

3. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Now thats the way to start off posting...with a bunch of fish...congrats and welcome to the BOC...

4. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Welcome to the boc and thanks for the report!

5. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Way to go and weclome. Thats something I haven't much of, a report from Russell. Thanks!

6. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks for the report, and welcome to the BOC.

7. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Welcome to the BOC Gerald and what a great first report!

8. Slimm

Slimm New Member

State:
    SC
    Welcome to the BOC! I used to fish lake russell all the time and it pretty much whooped me. Never could figure them out, but it looks like u did! Great post and report!

9. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    welcome to the BOC, great report on Russell ,keep it up love to hear about lake Russell's great catches,thanks.

10. reeloldcat4

reeloldcat4 New Member

State:
    Started fishing after the rain stopped around 12:30. I thought it was going to be a bad day when the rod dropped and I hung a bigun. I fought the fish for 20 min. and got him to the boat. I could not believe what I had caught. It was the biggest cat I have ever caught at Lake Russell. THE BIG ONE GOT AWAY. As I was getting him in the boat he got off. His head was 10-12 in. wide and 3 feet long or longer. Then 15 min later I caught another big fish,not as big as the first one, and he got off at the boat.
    I had a great day fishing and enjoyed every second of it.
    CUT HERRING

I GOTTA GET A BIGGER NET

REELOLDCAT4

11. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Nice report Gerald...you making me want to go to Russell and find the one that got away....:wink::tounge_out:

12. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the report!

13. reeloldcat4

reeloldcat4 New Member

State:
    Well my fishing trip to Lake Russell is over. I went to one of my favorite spots and found many schools of shad with bass exploding on them. I know cats love crumbs so I started drifting over the area. I caught fish in the same spot on every drift. I then went to that spot and threw out the anchor. Stayed there over an hour with no hits. I then started drifting again and caught fish. I put 60 cats and many bass in the cooler. I gave an elderly couple several of the cats and they were very happy to get fresh dressed fish.
    WHEN THE WINDS ARE RIGHT AND THE REELS ARE ADJUSTED RIGHT AND ROD TIPS ARE SLOW DANCING LIKE A GOOD LOOKING WOMEN AND YOU ARE CATCHING FISH, NOTHING COULD BE BETTER AT MY AGE. :big_smile:
    HAD A GREAT TIME JUST ME AND MY DOG.:big_smile:
    reeloldcat4