Lake Roosevelt

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ftnahaf, May 25, 2007.

1. ftnahaf

ftnahaf New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Any one going out to rose this week end ? I`m ganna try my luck sunday night . Hope its a good night of fishing even if they are small tho . Any one ever try a green lite for anything or if its not worth the time . Just asking .

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    best of luck sat, it will be a MAD HOUSE up there. The river will be full of loud, drunk people and makes fishing very hard. If I were you, I would take the green lights out across from school house point and anchor in about 25 ft or so and crappie fish. YOu will catch crappie, bass, and some channels. That may be your best bet for roosie this weekend. It is a hugh holiday lake and people dont respect fisherman's space. The river was over crouded last weekend so this weekend it will be just stupid. But only thing with the green light is that the moon is over half. Not the best senario for lights at night, but the crappie usually cooperate. THere is a bouy line onthe northside of the lake cross from school house that seperates 5 adn 20 feet of water. THis is a great spot to put the lights out. Best of luck, but becareful. Holidays brings EVERYONE out, exspecially those that have no BRAIN!!:crazy:

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Forgot to tell you that the channel cats up there ALWAYS bite. They love the worms, and cut bluegills. Never had a trip where I went after them and did catch some friers!!

4. ftnahaf

ftnahaf New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for the info and i know that there are alot of stupid people that just dont care . Long as i catch something it is worth the trip . Better than working thats for sure ! thanks for the spots you have talked about and i will have to try them .