Lake Roosevelt report !

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Cat-dory, May 13, 2007.

1. Cat-dory

Cat-dory Guest

Was at Roosevelt thursday and friday night. Fished way up in the river almost as far as boat would go. Caught 5 Flatheads on bluegill. Smallest was 15 lbs. caught 3 that were between 21 to 29 lbs. Lost a giant right at the boat that I estimate was at least 45 !
    I will try and give another update after going again this tuesday or wed....would have landed the big one had I used 50lb test , and had a net with a bit better handle..lol

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    great report, how deep were you. I have gone as far as i could and ended up in only 1-3 ft of water!! sounds like they are starting to run upriver. Maybe a time to use the boat and not the bank!! did you anchor up or run the boat ashore?

3. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Thats great! Fishing that river is really hot this time of year. Glad you caught some nice ones!

4. bartlettcat

bartlettcat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    nice report and fish

5. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    Cat-dory Thanks for the report,Going to try to get up this week end.

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Where are the pictures at?
    ~ How about some details? Bait, technique?

CPR those big fish..

7. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    I'm going to give it a try this weekend. I'll let you guys know how I make out. I like to launch at Schoolhouse. Two questions: Where's my best bet for blues gill around there? I always seem to have trouble finding them at that end of the lake. Also, I know that carp & bluegills can work wonders as bait but what about crappie?

8. marauder651

marauder651 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Crappie are considered a game fish and not legal to use as bait but I'm sure they would work

9. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    I could be wrong but crappie is a game fish,Can it be used.

10. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    :0a23:

Hey Zona I will be there Friday and plan on fishing all the way up there until the water is too shallow to fish and then back trackin about 100 yards. I will be in the boat name CLEATUS!! We will be launchin around 5pm and fishing until 9am. If you are there before or after, lets hook-up and share tech, stories. Sound like it could be a great night. PM if you want to meet up early and set up a tactic that we may set up together to really hammer em' let me know.

:0a22: :0a22: = :0a23: :0a23:

11. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Checked with Game & Fish and you are quite correct- Thanks for the heads up, marauder651! Kinda exlpains why I never heard of anyone using crappies as bait. I'll be the guy in the 14' Bayliner runabout. Give me wave if you see me there.

12. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott

what days are you going to be there, and what time are u launching?

13. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Folks,
    I am going to Roosie on Friday-Sunday to fish the river..
    * Look for me in a green pontoon and say hi!
    ~ Cee you there!

14. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    andy when and where are you launching fishing? WHat time will you launch Friday?

15. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Not sure.. My bud and I are both trying to escape the office early, go buy some groceries and head out to the lake.. * Hoping for a time frame of 3pm -6pm..

* I usualy launch at bobcat, but if schoolhouse is open, I will go there.
    Thanks!

16. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    I should get up there by mid-day Sat. and start foraging for bait. I'll be working my way up river by 5 pm.

17. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Andy I will be at Roosie probably school house if open, at around 5ish, if the boss lets me slide early, I will be in a grey tracker, that has CLEATUS, in white on both sides. Where in the lake are YOU fishin? I will have my brother there early afternoon, baitin. So hopefully the gills will bite and wife will be in a good mood!!!!!:haha:

18. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Not sure where we are going to fish for bait..
    ~ Probably try for gills at windy hill, the marina, or at Bobcat ramp.. All three have worked before..
    * I will go up river to find the carp and settle in for the night..

* I will look out for you.. We should meet up on Saturday and check game plans for Saturday night..
    ~ What do you say about meeting at Windy hill Saturday afternoon, (high noon)..

~ All the BOC folks Going to Roosie should meet up there on Saturday.. It would be nice to meet you folks.
    Take care~

19. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Andy I only get one night out from the family, and that is Friday. We can meet up early sat am at Windy or somewhere else. But sat I have "honey do's". Hope to see ya out there best of luck!!

20. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Thats a nice fish in ur avatar GetHooked. Did you keep or release ? The spot youre standing above looks alot like the spot I showed SilenceMajority.