Lake Roosevelt report 11/4-5/09

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by pr1mo5, Nov 5, 2009.

1. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Headed out about 2 got to indian point at like 4 meet Lonnie out there really nice guy he told me a few spots to fish so I went to the first one got on the water and achored and everything settled at about 6pm. At about 7 my wife had an awesome run on a huge sunfish that was about 8inches long she jack hammered it felt the fish but must have pulled the bait out of its mouth. She reeled in fixed her gill and casted back out in the process the line back lashed and when we got it all fixed about 2 min later the line was going way the other way she felt the fish and pulled up on it but we had the drag loose and all it did is spooled out line........:sad2:
    So she reeled in casted back out and at 7:30 the line was screaming she jack hammered it and the fight was on she played with it and handled it like a champ brought it in and it was a 12lb 4oz channel cat dissapointed it wasn't a flat but happy the channel was huge! The crazy thing is the channel hit the 8 inch sunfish!!!!!!! That was awesome! Took pictures and the wife wanted to bring the fish home for the first time in forever so we put it on the stringer. ( we dont always take home fish like I said first time in forever I do practice cpr but not this fish!) At about 8 my cutbait started screaming I pulled up on it and nothing brought it in and was a bunch of scales missing and all chewed up. Threw out chicken liver and got a 1lb channel. Has little zing zings all night but only 3 awesome runs!

The bad part is, we where going to fish all night but the jon boat I just got all the rivets where leaking so about 3 hours on the water we where taking on water!!!!!:eek:oooh: So we went back to indian point boat launch cleaned up all the water went back out but didnt want to chance it so we came in and went home but no stop action!!! I think the longest we went without a run was 1 hour....

Attached Files:

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Matthew thanks for the post. Nice cat pic too!

3. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    Glad you got into some fish.

4. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    glad you got into some fish

5. force61

force61 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Man nice channel Matt!!! Hey if you want I have some old expired sealant that we use on aircraft that should seal up your leaking rivets the getto way. Or if you want to do it the correct way I do have a rivet gun and bucking bars so all we would need to do it find some rivets the correct size in order to change out those leaking ba$tards.

6. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Congrats to Arena for that nice channel,no matter what Rob says!!:big_smile:

7. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Excellent Matthew, Glad you had some catfish action, a boat taking on water isn't a good thing. Thanks for the report.

8. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    congrats 2 ur wife on the big channel. it sucks takin on water. i just fixed a hole in the gunt caused from 1 of my rollers. i went 3xs with a hole in the boat. i just got a 30lb flat at bart last wk with old man dave. we had 2 change our strat. dave knocked the socks off them 2. my gunt is under her own power now so im reddy 2 go sooooon.

9. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Matthew,
    Thanks for the story, post , and pic,, Congrats,, that's a NICE one!!

Sounds like you guys are gettin with it,, The fish are still hitting pretty good!!

10. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Thats a smokin channel!

11. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    you got you a 30 bro? Sweet, is that a PB?

12. Waterdawg

Waterdawg New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Sounds like a great time, nice channel!

13. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Matt...great post...thanks for the report and the pic. That's a great sized channel your wife caught. I think it's pretty much a done deal I'll be getting a sardine can sometime in the next few months. your success makes me want to get it even sooner. Glad you guys had a good time. Good luck fixing the leaks and thx for sharing...

14. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    NICE FISH !! I got a coffee can for the Razzmacat.:wink:

15. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    yeah its my new pb

16. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    nice channel man sounded like u and ur girl had a blast

17. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Hey I need a termite report done, and I still have your generator. I need the report by Monday!!

18. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Thanks sharing That is a nice channel cat! :big_smile:

19. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Ralph,, CONGRATS on the new PB,,,AARRRRGGGHHHhhhhh:smile2::big_smile:

20. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    That was a real nice looking flat you had :embarassed: I did not know that was your new PB so here is a big oh congrats to you again!:big_smile: Imagine that, it was at Bartlett :wink:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009