Lake Rhodhiss 8/30

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mifit98, Jul 30, 2008.

1. mifit98

mifit98 New Member

State:
    Morganton, NC
    Fished from 11AM-3PM. Drifted both with the wind and the trolling motor. Bait was frozen perch and crappie fillets. Water temp was 80 and westerly winds 5-7 mph. Had no luck in deep water (25-35') from Castle Bridge to the water intake plant.

Moved upriver to the area east of the new real estate development boat docks (The Landings???) and followed the south bank staying in 15-25' of water. Caught 4 between 1-2PM. 2 were 6 pounds, 1 went 8 and one was a dink.

Had a bait rod out the entire time and caught nothing...first time for that.

Mac Mc.

2. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks sharing the report. All I've heard is about the striper fishing at Rhodhiss. I've wondered how the catfishing would be. Which species of cat is the most dominant there?

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I am leaving my home lake and traveling to Rhodhiss to fish with my friend McMac (mifit98) this AM. My vacuum sealed white perch is thrawing as I type. As of this date I have not caught a double digit channel cat and I have the feeling, that today might be the day. If not, then I will have had a good day fishing with a friend.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good fishing.

Lake Norman Blues, I hope that your double digit channel pans out for you, I would like to catch one myself.

5. mifit98

mifit98 New Member

State:
    Morganton, NC
    Dennis, I'm not the world's greatest identifier of catfisn spicies. But based on what I've learned on the BOC, the only cats I've caught on LKR have been channels. Hope that helps.

Mac M

6. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
    I fish Lake Rhodhiss quite a lot,its only 10 mins from my home,channel cats are what I get ,most are in the 2-8pds range,most are on the upper end of lake close to Huffman bridge,have at times got into white bass,not as much now as in the past,have lots of fun,happy fishing:big_smile: