Lake Records

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by South Grand Laker, Apr 13, 2007.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey all, just curious if anybody new a site or had a link that showed records for specific lakes in oklahoma, instead of just state records?? if so would be much obliged, thanks alot..... md

2. fishingrl636

fishingrl636 New Member

State:
    Lake Eufaula,OK
    I hav also been lookin 4 that info for a while. Iv asked on several diff forums and didnt get an answer, so if someone knows, please fill us in.
    I was looking 4 Eufaula records.

thanks-
    fishgrl

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I do not believe that information is maintained anywhere. There would have to be just a few central spots it could be reported, and most people fish and go home - they wouldn't take the time to drive a half hour out of their way to report a large fish, and the fish would have to be measured/weighed on calibrated scales. Think the state records are the only data maintained.

4. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    The only thing I can think of that may come close would be the ODWC records when they do an "electrical shock" survey. But those records would only be an average of a particular species population and size.

5. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I don't think there is a record of "lake record" fish that exists in an across-the-board or state-sanctioned way in Oklahoma.

Most of our lakes dont' even have a certified scale anywhere close. In 1995, I caught a state record fish and it took 3.5 hours to find a certified scale. In the meantime, it was weighed 2 other times and the game warden who first measured it squeezed some eggs out of her and such. In all, my fish lost 10 ounces before it was weighed on a certified scale.

I think it would be really cool to have a shot at lake records in Oklahoma. I think it would generate a lot of interest for some different fisheries. I think it'd be a terrific idea.

6. fishingrl636

fishingrl636 New Member

State:
    Lake Eufaula,OK
    I agree.

maybe i'l start one here on eufaula, then i could be the record holder for a least a minute! lol

7. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah, i'm curious of to what some of the Grand Records and the tailwaters, have always heard wordof mouth, but never seen any actual evidence of such...Md