Lake Record at Alatoona

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jack Herber, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Jack Herber

Jack Herber New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Well guys, we finally have a record at Alatoona. As most of you would know, there had not been any records for cats of any kind registered for Alatoona 'till now. The lady that runs the guard shack at Little River boat ramp has shown me a picture. A 35 lb flathead. She pretty much had the whole story including the fact that this flattie was taken to a bait shop up near Talking Rock that has a certified scale. She also confirmed that GON had been notified and that proper paper work had been submitted. Looks like Alatoona is on the map.

2. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Jack,

That's good to hear. Thanks for sharing. My buddy and I used to drive up to Alatoona a lot when we were in high school. Back in 1991 or 92 I landed a 12 pound flathead behind the dam. Wonder why some lakes have records established and others don't? Interesting.

3. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I lived about 3 miles from Allatoona for almost 9 years. That is a hard lake to learn to fish but well worth the effort. you gotta get a GOOD topo map and use your depthfinder to find the underwater humps and deep drop offs. I caught lots of Stripers, Hybrids, Largemouth and Spotted Bass, Bream, Crappie and assorted other species. Didn't fish cats much while I was there, the Stripers and Hybrids were my favorites.

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yep, a 35+ lb. flathead will be the first catfish record for Allatoona. I talked to a couple people about it today. Lanier also has a new flathead record at 14 lbs. There are still lots of lakes and Rivers in GA with no catfish records, too bad GON doesn't have the list online.

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for posting this information Jack. That's real interesting to know.

6. GeraldG

GeraldG New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Interesting. My son and I have caught some 20+ lb cats out of Allatoona (several of them), but the biggest flathead we've caught was about 14 lbs.

7. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    very good i caught a 7# flat out of alatoona a long time ago

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the new record, now that everyone knows about it perhaps a BOC member can break it!

9. Sultan of Slime

Sultan of Slime New Member

State:
    GA
    Anybody have a link for lake records in Ga?

10. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    GON keeps and publishes the list in the February issue every year, but I don't think they've ever put it online :confused2:. It would be nice if they did.

11. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
  12. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Sultan, you have to catch a fish before it can be a record:embarassed: