Lake Raystown

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bass&cats, Jun 6, 2009.

1. bass&cats

bass&cats New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Anyone been fishing raystown, and have any luck? I havent got into them that good yet. One 27 inch and had pretty bad luck so far loosing a couple. Lost one that sat with the bait and didnt run till I realed in, and just lost dandy when my strike indicator got tangled in my line.... snaped the line like a train was on my hook.

2. RonnieWeyandt

RonnieWeyandt New Member

State:
    Pa
    Been fishing raystown in the upper end, mostly all bulleads its earl yet 2-mores weeks , and the channels should be doing there thing, i did quite well last year in the river the last week of june

3. Lightly clip one end of a bobber between the top two eyelets it will sag down a few inches when you set up, then when it bounces up, your bait ain't having a good day. Remember to use the slip-setting on the bobber loop so the line will slide easily as you fight the fish. My buddy Shawn(BigFish4Me) showed me a trick also. Tie a foot long leader between your rod holder and and a clothes pin. Clip the pin on the line above the bail, and open your bail. It holds pretty good, even in wind/waves or a big Sunny bait pulling at it. And when Mama Flattie swims off with it the clip will usually pop off depending how hard she pulls it. If not, it will dance around and let you know something is going on. It will fall and hit the side of my aluminum boat and wake me out of my trance from waiting for a bite. Hahaha......

4. bass&cats

bass&cats New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    For anyone intrested, I think they might have started spawning in raystown. The water tempurature was 76 yesterday.