Lake Ray Roberts - Non-stop channel catfishing action

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BlueTx, Mar 15, 2007.

1. BlueTx

BlueTx New Member

State:
    Texas
    Spent about 6 hours on Lake Ray Roberts yesterday and the bite started pretty slow. I was directly across the road from Pecan Creek Park in the timber area. I primarily used Danny King's Catfish Punch Bait which has quickly become my favorite fishing bait. The result was 11 Channels in about a 4 hour period. Only 6 of them were stringer worthy. Here's the shot.

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Welcome! And thanx for sharein the pic.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the pics and welcome to the BOC.

4. BlueTx

BlueTx New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks guys, I finally found a community where I feel confident I'll be able to either research the knowlege on my own or have thousands of trust-worthy individuals to show me the ropes. Oh and by the way katfshn50, I love your videos, particularly the snelling tutorial. I went on a snelling rampage yesterday and it saved me loads of time after snapping my line a gazillion times in those timbers.

5. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks like some good eating channels.

6. radiogod

radiogod New Member

State:
    Dallas, Texas,
    Is that upper arm of the lake the best area for cats ?

7. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    welcome to the BOC! and i agree with you, katfishn50, you have some great videos, and did yall know the record for ray roberts at the moment is only like 1.6 or somethin for channels?

8. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i know that Lake Wichita, my way, the records are extremly low, there are big fish in the lake but you rarely have any luck from the bank, and the lake is so full of muck you are always going to catch mud with a boat, oh well. i guess i will keep on tryin,.