Lake Ray Hubbard

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by tobystan_2000, Apr 16, 2007.

1. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anyone fishing this lake on a regular basis?

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I haven't seen many reports on Hubbard in a while. I would think that the bite there is should be turning on. It is on all of the other lakes in the area. Ray Hubbard is an excellent rip rap lake for channel cats. I've been doing fairly well on Lewisville with both blues and channels. We had a good trip on Richland Chambers Saturday, but the hybrids and sandbass kept beating the blues to the bait. I have a trip booked for Friday afternoon on Lewisville. I'll post results on Monday.

3. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the information Bobby and good luck with your trip Friday.

I have only fished from the bank at Ray Hubbard. Since I bought my boat last September I've only fished Tawakoni and some small stuff out near Canton. Always wondered if the rock would be a good place for eaters at Ray Hubbard.

Thanks again for the information. Rep points to you.

4. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Hubbard does have its share of eaters (channels and blues). Reading between the lines, sounds like you fish mainly east of the DFW area. I'd suggest giving Palestine and Cedar Creek a try. Both have pretty good supply of cats, Cedar Creek has some true monsters in it. Getting down south a bit to Richland Chambers (Corsicana) can have some unreal action for fish under 10 pounds ... can run with Tawakoni, just the chances of hooking a BIG blue is more limited.
    If I was planning on giving Hubbard a go, I'd drive by it, go north about 20 miles or so and fish Lavon. IMO - its has better numbers and size (blues)than Hubbard and a lot less traffic. Basic idea: Launch at East Fork, go up the western fork, get in the flooded timber from 8 foot to 2 foot deep, put shad on the hook ... hang on. :big_smile: No bites in 30 mins, move.
    Before this last front hit, two man boat limits (50 fish) were had between daylight and noon by more than one boat. Biggest problem ... finding enough bait (shad).
    Good luck.