Lake Ray Hubbard Bald Eagle

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by FishBrew, Feb 7, 2007.

1. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    There as been quite a few sightings of bald eagles over he past few winters in north Texas. Many years ago, the bald eagle used east Texas as a winter home (roost). Their return is mostly resulting from a couple decades of work being done in east Texas to get bald eagles to return. Not to mention increased conservation efforts nation wide over the past couple decades. About six weeks ago or so, a TV news helicopter shooting a story on the low lake levels, captured pictures of a bald eagle over Lake Lavon. The pictures attached is a more recent bald eagle seen over Lake Ray Hubbard. Both lakes are fairly near each other located east and northeast of Dallas.
    In one of the pictures, there one of those big blue trash cans close by, note the wing span of the eagle compared to the trash can. Another pic shows the eagle fishing, both claws in the water. In another, sitting in a tree, take a close look at what is in its talons .... I wonder if it taste like chicken? :big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    the last three pictures

Attached Files:

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    They are such an awesome bird.

I still get a special thrill every time I see one flying over the water when we are out fishing.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I know of two on Lake Houston. Its becoming more common to see baldies, but its still a thrill. I also love to watch Osprey fish. Watched one carry away a 10" bass the other day. I've had a Bald dive for a fish and take it back up within 100 ft, awesome.