Lake Pleasant

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Billy Jo, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Took my grandson to the lake satarday night to do a little catfishing. We used everything from worms to stinkbait,tryed 5or6 spots and not a bite in 6hrs of fishing. not a good fishing trip for my grandson. I thank he wont be in a hurry to go again. I will never put my boat on this drunk infected S--t hole again. The best part of this trip was spending time with grandson and the trip home. I would drive the 146 miles to the river, even if gas go's to $6.00 a gallon. This will be the next place in will take my grandson.

Billy Jo

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Oh c'mon Bill, maybe they just weren't biting or you need to scout around a bit and figure out where they are at.:wink:

3. usmarine

usmarine New Member

State:
    az
    I agree with this assessment for big lakes in AZ, in general. Man, maybe I'm just getting old, but it does seem that there are way too many drunk fools just screaming, throwing off huge wakes, guzzling beer, and acting a'fool in general. I'm all for throwing down a cold one, but not at the expense of another man's leisure....

4. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ..........Amen.

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey Bill,
    Pleasant is like that.. Lots of Drunks and power boats..
    * I bet the weather was nice though..
    * Good job on getting your grandson out..

** Did you drop some anchovies in?? The stripers would have kept you two busy if you used some choveis..

*** I want to give Pleasant a good try this year.. But I would want to go way up the Agua Fria...

Thanks~
    ~A

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you had fun with your grandson

7. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Saw this on the Fish and Game website. If youre going to catch flatheads on Pleasant I would think your best bet is where the agua fria dumps into the lake.

8. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Yea I was at plesant sat night and sunday.We fished for cats sat night and had 2 bites,no fish.This lake is ok if you have a boat, and can stay away from drunks!!!!!!!! Catfishing is running a little late this year.Its been tough for me and a few of my buddies as well!Hopefully it will explode soon!!!Im going to alamo next weekend,and I'll report how we do there!!

9. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i've been hitting the river by yuma hard lately, and have the stink bad. 3 cats from the river this yr is all. they still have lockjaw down here too.
    gary

10. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    I was at Pleasant over the weekend to it gets pretty crazy there. We were anchored up in Castle Creek all night listening to all the stupid fools. Caught 3 nice channels.
    Steve I'll be at Alamo this weekend to maybe see you there.
    Good luck.

11. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Bill,

Just think about it this way...at least at the river there may be some drunken fools but they don't like being out on the water acting crazy when it is fishing time.

I am with you about the next trip being down to the river...I am looking into the next trip being sooner than I thought...I'll let you know.

Ryan

12. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Went out to pleasant tuesday night caught 20+ 1-2 lb stripers and lost a big one, about 7-8 channels, and a 4-5 lb. flathead. Went the next night and didnt catch a darn thing.

13. stinkylepew

stinkylepew New Member

State:
    Arizona and Iowa
    The drunks!!!! you are not kidding there. My girlfriend and I took our 5 kids camping. we camped in space 134. We had some drunk a##hole. Brining his stuff into our campground. He was wasted. Our Lab went after him (dog was on a leash) he told my daughter that if the dog bites him he is going to kill the f...ing dog. My 9 year old daughter startde crying. I called the sherriff and I asked the drunk not to come back into our camp again. He walked down the path to the parking area and turned around and came back in swearing. I yelled at him to get away from the children and stepped in front of him. He yelled and then he punched me in the chin. I then popped him twice in the face and when he got out of the he walked away. The sherriff never came even after three phone calls. The dispatch lady informed me that they were swamped with calls all over the lake and were taking calls in line of importance. GO FIGURE.... but yeah lake pleasant on weekends. Crouded. I always go during the week. The event will not stop us from going again. We were at the right place at the wrong time.
    fishing not good either.

14. stinkylepew

stinkylepew New Member

State:
    Arizona and Iowa
    Michael,
    Where were you fishing? Boat or shore?

15. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Castle creek area from the shore.