Lake Pleasant

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by AZflats, Oct 29, 2007.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I was at lake pleasant yesterday trying to catch some fish for the freezer.

* I had a little luck drifting for channel cats. Netted three using anchovies and night crawlers.
    * But spent most of the day anchored up near Castle creek chumming for strippers and fishing vertically at various depths with chovies.. I ended up with only 3 decent sized stripers. The biggest was about 4 lbs.

Has anyone been having any luck catching strippers? If so how do you do it, and where do you do it?
    ~ The lake is soo low right now...

Thanks
    ~A

2. DryHeat

DryHeat New Member

State:
    arizona
    We pulled about 12 or so in with 2-3" curly tail white grubs w/.25 oz weighted hooks a couple weeks ago. Took about 2 hours 9-11 pm in approx 20-30ft. We were fishing the coves east of the Hot Springs Dam/bridge cove area. Not sure what the area looks like now with the water so low. If I remember right it's the Table Mesa/Agua Fria area....I'm terrbile with remembering all the names of points and coves....I know the area as the furthermost North East coves of the lake. My Neighbor is saying that the area around the floating toilets have been good to him lately (also a great catfish spot). Anchovies are always a safe bet for the stripers also. Good luck

:big_smile:

3. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Hey Andy. I was up at Pleasant a couple times 3-4 weeks ago fished just past the no wake bouys in the Agua Fria arm in 40ft of water caught a lot of small stripers and white bass 10-15 keepers. Channels have been hitting good mostly 1-2 lb. A couple close to 4lb. We fished all night using anchovies.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I think the water level has changed since then...

Rain baby rain!!!