Lake Pleasant

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by shadesaz, Jul 18, 2007.

1. shadesaz

shadesaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    Does anyone fish for channel cats at Pleasant. Its been a year or better for me.:sad2: Any tips? locations (shore fishing)? bait?Any help would be great?

2. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I sure would like to see the replies to this thread.............I hear about Alamo and Roosevelt....not much about Lake Pleasant. Please tell us your opinion......ty....SANDY

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I always catch channels at plesent when I stay all night striper fishing and catfishing. My fav spot at plez is castle creek back by the tubes. Also Satan point on the main lake, and all the way back up the aqua fria river until you get to the green trees, fish the left side.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    A bud of mine has been striper fishing a lot in castle creek and caught 5 channels on cut chovies under the lights. He said the biggest was over 10 lbs.

He said they were hitting at about 20 to 40 feet..

~ I have very little catfish experience at Pleasant. But I know they are there. I have always avoided the lake because of the inevitable crowds.

* Good luck
    ~A

5. redhammer

redhammer New Member

State:
    az
    Channels are easy to come by at pleasant....just fish near any exposed brush and you'll get them. Castles is a safe beat because it’s close to a quick ramp and you won't have to run around the lake in the dark worrying about hitting one of those islands.

Flatheads are huge in there too but I'm not sure where to get into them there....anyone have success for flatheads in Pleasant?

6. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I think that Lake Pleasant will be the lake the next Channel Cat record comes out of. I used to fish the old lake before the new damn was built and the lake filled up. It was the most consistant producer of Channels around 10 lbs back then. It was also one of the most pathetic bass lakes in the state. After they filled it up the bass exploded and everyone could catch a 10Lb bass, after about 3 years of it being at the new water level. If the bass went from being that pathetic to being huge and numerous, i can only imagine what it did to the Cats.

7. shadesaz

shadesaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thank you to everyone. I'm going out Fri. or Sat. night to fish for stripers under lights. The last time I fished Pleasant at night I hooked into some thing that snaped my 50 Lbs. test like it was nothing.I hope to bring in some large channals this time even though the guys I'm going with like the striper action. Thanks again to all of you and I'll let you know how we do.:big_smile:

8. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I have a friend that swears up and down about Flatheads at Pleasant. He has the pictures to prove it. He's caught quite a few over 30 lbs. He's lost a lot also due to the abundance of snags. I'm probably headed out there in a couple of weeks to fish with him. I'll post and let yell know how I do.
    Micah

9. redhammer

redhammer New Member

State:
    az
    Theres HUGE flatheads in Pleasant I've seen 50+ caught by tmx guys by accident.....and a buddy who likes to scuba out there says theres tons of 30+ fish at the base of the trees. I'd appreciate any tips you could give about the flatheads you find Micah.

10. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ive fished all over that lake and gotten skunked more times than not. Keep posting tips, Ive got my notepad out.

11. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    This is one of the flats he's caught at pleasant. He's on a limited income and he does cpr most of them. He's been sharing a lot of his fishing tactics with me and I've been learning a lot.

12. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    lets try that again... it's too big. If you want to see it email me and I'll e-mail it to you twofourmicah @ yahoo

13. shadesaz

shadesaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    Well we went to Pleasant Sat. night even though there was a light rain. We set up the boat and headed out.I've heard some great stories about fishing in the rain. After about 15min. we started to catch stripers in the 1-3 lb. range. That went on for about 2 hrs. Then it slowed down and we headed to shore to catfish.We fished for cats from 3-7A.M. and didn't even get a bite.We fished the north end of the lake ,north of the boat ramp. We had a good time fishing even though we didn't get any good sized fish. I think next weekend I might try Bartlett or Roosevelt for the flats.Thanks again for all the info about Lake Pleasant.

14. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Are the ramps back in water at Bartlett?

15. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    They had been for about 6 weeks but I haven't been there for about 2 weeks. They were about 12 days ago. I'm headed out there Wednesday. I'll post on Thursday and let you know. If I forget e-mail me twofourmicah@yahoo

Micah