Lake Pleasant

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by stinkylepew, May 6, 2007.

1. stinkylepew

stinkylepew New Member

State:
    Arizona and Iowa
    Kind of new to this web site but it's nice to see other's that are interested in catfishin'. Just thought i would give an update around the Lake pleasant area. my daughters (11) (9) and I hit the lake about 2-3 times a week. The bite is on! Can't count the number of channel cats we have been catching the past couple weeks. they havent been small ones either. Anywhere 3-10 ponunds. Using chicken liver wrapped with thread. Alot of females with eggs so we have been letting those go. We fish the area around the 10 lane boat ramp. We have been getting a few stripers on liver as well when I have been using a slip float. I have baited our poles with anchovies, dip baits, live bait, but by far the best hands down has been the liver. This past three weeks we have caught 4 Flathead I was shocked and amazed didn't know they were in there. Can't wait to start seeing some monster flatheads to come out.

2. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    In my experience pleasant is by far the best lake for good size channels , but if your looking for flathead , head out to bartlett and rig up with live bluegill. Good to hear the bite is on at pleasant , guess I'll head out. Were you fishing from shore or off a boat.

3. stinkylepew

stinkylepew New Member

State:
    Arizona and Iowa
    BOAT! hell no had to sell that in the divorce....LOL. We fish from shore by the 10 lane boat ramp far east side of the parking lot (by the rest rooms) then behind the restrooms is a path down to the lake. When we get down there we fish towards the right side. When the water gets down low enough we drive down the boat ramp and turn right onto the dirt road. take that till it ends and fis the right side of the area. It drops off right there and the cats come up into the dirt area. You can usually see this area in the late summer when the water is down really low. (hopefully that made sense) If you ever see a green 78 malibu out there thats me. Stop by and say hello.

Kevin

4. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I was out at Bartlett and I met an old timer out there that definantly was a catman from way back. He told me an interesting story about Pleasant. He said he was out there last year up in the Agua Fria. He said that he was fishing for stripers all day and had settled down for the evening and was fishing for channels. He said he ahad caught a few realy nice bluegills and decided to see if he could catch some Flats. He told me that the next time we met up at Bartlett he would bring the pictures. He said he caught 2 Flats. One was 34lbs and one was 42lbs. Foir what it matters, I believed him.

5. Dirkdigler33

Dirkdigler33 New Member

State:
    arizona
    How big were the flattys?

6. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    They were 34lb and 45lb

7. bartlettcat

bartlettcat New Member