Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Nice to see a report somewhat close to home,I'm in Utah. I looked up lake pleasant and it's about 8 hours from me in North/ central part of the state. I just just not used to seeing posts from p people out west kind of nice lol...that's a nice fish, now is that a grass carp? Just wondering because of the way the mouth is.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Just a regular common carp. LP has some real torpedoes in there.
Ahhhh thanks still learning my carp species. My home lake, Utah lake, has common carp and I've seen them up to 17 lbs. But I've heard up to 21 lbs so I'm not sure how big they get

·
Registered
4,862 Posts

Commons have lots of interesting variants...like this one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ammo, where is that second carp from!? That is crazy looking!

I LOVE sight fishing for carp. When I was younger I spent MANY days standing on a bridge that crossed the Allegheny river.

All day long, there would be carp feeding up and down the river. They dig around under rocks just like a redfish.

If you put a crayfish anywhere near one while its feeding, you are in for a drag screaming good time.

There is no telling how many carp I caught off that bridge. Literally hundreds, over a 5 year period.

I moved away after school , went back years later and fished the river....no carp. They disappeared from pollution in the river. Still to this day , pretty rare to see one. Darn shame.

That's a beautiful fish you caught.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Ammo, where is that second carp from!? That is crazy looking!
I got it from my favorite carp hole, Tempe Towne Lake. The different carp in that lake sure must like to mix it up a lot because I am constantly amazed at the number of varieties I get from there. I'm speculating that the goldfish are getting into mix too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
That's wild! There is a pond in the town I live in and someone apparently stuck a big koi into the pond. It runs around with a school of carp and feeds with them. Its always right with all of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts