lake pleasant

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lilmonster23, Aug 8, 2009.

1. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    im wondering if any1 has been to pleasant and how did you do? im going tomorrow to fish the agua fria for the third time . its down 12% since i was there last so going up river is gonna be fun. i keep gettin skunked at bartlett so its time to try somewhere else.

2. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    I caught a 25 pound flathead near the 1702 area last year. Haven't been out for a while. I'm registered for the striper tournement 8-22-09 at Pleasant. Good luck and let me know how you do.
    ~N.A.F.C.~B.A.S.S.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

3. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thanks and good luck in tourny if i have any luck ill post on mon.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    There are some good flats at pleasant and the lake is not fished much for flattys...

Good luck!

5. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    When I fish at Pleasant (about 85% of my fishing) I spend @ 30 hours on the water, fishing for lmb, smb, stripers, crappie, and flathead bait during the day, and channels and flatheads , stripers and lmb after dark. Most of my after dark efforts are directed at flatheads. My personal best Pleasant flathead is 25 pounds. Happy fishing.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  6. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    Good luck out there BassorBass. Let us know how you do.

7. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    went to pleas on sun. it was really hard to catch bait. we only were able to land a doz or so. but a few big ones. we went all the way up river and caught 8 flats 27,25,25,15,13,10,9,8 all off live bait.took pics un harmed although 1 of the 25's jaw had a hole so he had been caught before then threw them all back where we caught them. the 1st came early before the sun went down. then it was active all nite. we landed all the fish on med size gills. the big gills just went for real fast rides in the mouths of the flats. but kept them out cause i want the state record. anything that can put them big a** gills in their mouth is why we go. but if that helps go on a week day cause all the weekend warriors are up in the river arm.

8. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Sweet man, nice catch!

9. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    That report sounds pretty good!Make the westsiders think a little!:cool2:

10. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    Glad to hear you are catching some flats in Pleasant. At least I know they are biting. Reps to you Ralph.

11. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    I too fish as far up the river as I can get, then work my way downstream. What a great catch!! Happy fishing.

12. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Thanks for the post Ralph. I know where I'm going my next fishing trip.

13. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Good job Ralph on catching all them flats, reps to ya bro. Thanks for the report. Waiting for pictures.

14. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i have pics but cant figure out how to put them on. my wife does it all for me but shes so tired of hearing bout flatheads she wont do it no more.

15. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Ralph, sometimes the priorities just don't be the same. I asked my wife to help me get a clicking reel on my phone ring. After about 20 minutes working on it she tells me my phone is too old, i wonder if she gave up too soon:smile2:

16. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    she tried again today but she stopped when i asked her how she photo shopped george clooney holding my fish.