Lake Pleasant

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by RandallRandazzle, Jun 20, 2009.

1. RandallRandazzle

RandallRandazzle New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Anyone catfish at Lake Pleasant? I'm thinking the NW coves and the channel inlet area should be good fishing.

2. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    There are some Arizona members on here that have good success there for flatheads, and I think they get to their bank spot by kayak.

I've caught plenty of 10"-18" channel cats with anchovies while fishing for stripers at night.

I hear the Agua Fria arm is a good place to check out for flatheads. Make sure there isn't a bald eagle nesting closure though.

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    river should be open.

4. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Do any of you have luck fishing Pleasant during the daylight hours? Are there different techniques for daytime catfishing?

Thanks.

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Drift fishing will work.. Pleasant has a lot of nice channel cats... Just set you baits to drift a few feet off the bottom... More than likely if you get into fish, it will be a mixed bag with stripers and channel cats..

6. Waterdawg

Waterdawg New Member

State:
    Arizona
  7. RandallRandazzle

State:
    Arizona
    Bank Fishing update:
    Northwest Cove/Castle Hot Springs Bridge- JS, mainly just lost terminal tackle
    Scorpion Point fishing towards breakwater- no luck for channels, pulled in a half dozen eatin size stripers, a ton of crawdads, a couple small panfish. Caught 1/4 of a 20 oz gatorade bottle of scorpions.... location accurately named.

8. RandallRandazzle

State:
    Arizona
    I dunno, they smell a little like burnt popcorn when introduced to Mr. Lantern. These weren't eatin size anyway (at least by Andrew Zimmern standards).

9. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    thanks for the update! what kinda bait were you using?