Lake Pleasant Shore Fishing

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by team454ss, Jul 28, 2008.

1. team454ss

team454ss New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :roll_eyes: Well, more good news bad news. A real short trip to Castle Hot Springs, 6 pm -8 pm, produced multiple channels on anchovies. Again, small fish, 2 pound-ish. Heavy on the ish! So channels are there, this is 4 water bodies where I have caught channels on anchovie, but still mister bigfish eludes me. Since we moved to AZ my wife holds the big-un braggin rights with a 4.5 pound channel out Surprise's little urban lake! Run of luck like this has to have a man-eater at the end!!!:crazy:

2. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Go to canyon lake boulder recreation area at first light. Go to the last parking lot and head into the bushes following the trail that goes back into the cove. Bait up with just about anything and youre virtually gauranteed to catch at least a few fish over 5 lbs. Ive caught some channels out of there recently that were pretty close to state records.

3. team454ss

team454ss New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for the tip! I'm Tryin to convince the Wife to go there. Know the spot. She caught sunfish up at the main area, and I landed a handfull of three pound Bass. Watched a couple of 5-7 pounders come out of an area with a lot of submerged trees near the road. The spot you are talking about we looked at about 3 months back, but it was mid-day on a saturday and we would have had to get alot more freindly with some people than I like to. If I get to try it it will be sunday, and I will leave a post. Do you know off hand if those red-eared sunnys are legal as bait? I hate reading that damned book. Like it was writen by a programmer! Or a lawyer!

4. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Any sunfish are legal as bait. As are carp.
    I think youre not allowed to use colorado pikeminnows.:smile2: