Lake Pleasant shore fishing report for 10-28

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Sean, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Took the boy fishing last friday, got ther around 0700 and fished till about 1100. Fished just to the right of the 10 lane boat ramp. We got there and the first thing I did was dump about 2 pounds of rotten shrimp, hotdogs and salted pork into the water right next to our fishing spot. This was the most foul mixture of crap I have ever smelled. Think vomit and feces, and I couldn't get the smell off my hands for at least an hour.

The fishing was slow, but I caught a channel that was about 5 pounds and I had one hooked that snapped my line. There were thankfully no skunks on this trip, but this is the first time this year I've been during the day so that might have something to do with it. I was using fresh liver for bait, and they were hitting it hard. I had at least 5 strikes, with two producing hooked fish, and one producing a landed fish which was large enough to feed the family and have leftovers to snack on later. It's a shame the big one got away, he hit the pole like a ton of bricks and I lifted it out of the holder and held it and called my boy over to reel it in. The fish had different ideas and started running, and right before my boy got to me the line snapped. :( Better luck next time.

Probably the best part of the trip was when the older couple came by and chatted a bit. An older man and his wife taking a walk, spotted me fishing and walked over to say hi. He asked what kind of fish were in the lake and I told him that there were lots. Bass, sunfish, crappie, catfish, stripers, etc, etc. He expressed particular interest in bass and sunfish, at which point I expressed interest in using sunfish for bait. Boy, he didn't seem to like that idea, he wasn't rude about it or anything just mentioned that he would never do anything like that. He expressed surprise when I told him there was a limit on catfish and seemed to think of them as a trash fish that oughta be tossed on the banks to die. Well, since he seemed to harbor such negative feelings about our fine, whisker faced, aquatic friends I decided not to say anything as his wife took her shoes off and waded around a bit in the water off to the right. Best part is that I could still see little bits of shrimp shells and hot dogs that hadn't washed away or been eaten by crawdads yet. :p

2. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    thats a great fishing trip by any means right there. and not to mention them wading through that stuff. catfish as garbage fish...thats ridiculous, they are hard fighting...and great eating. im glad you had fun. i havent had the chance to go catfishing at pleasant. the one time i had the chance, we accidentily beached our boat and spent the whole time trying to get it out!!

3. snadi

snadi New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hello,

I want to take my son shore fishing at Lake Pleasant and I have never been there. Can anyone give me directions where would be the best place to go????
    Thanks
    S:big_smile:

4. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    LMAO. I bet her feet stunk like your mixture. This place is on fire with the comedy today. :smile2:

5. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
  6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Wow,
    talk about digging into the archives..

* Pleasant is not always the best place to shore fish, especialy with young children..
    ** Lots of drunks and fishing pressure...

* There are definetly fish there and plenty of them...

~ I would recomend getting a small boat launch at Castle creek and catch stripers with Anchovies...