Lake Pleasant 5-12-07

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by stinky fingers, May 16, 2007.

1. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Went to Lake Pleasant friday night. Would have liked to have fished Bartlett but didn't want to take a chance of getting stuck trying to launch the toon. Can't wait till they get the ramp extended. Was up to Bartlett the weekend before and fished from shore SB cove area pretty slow caught 3 small channels and 1 run on a gill but came up empty on the hook set. So I didn't want to do that again. Ended up going to Pleasant went up Castle Creek about 1/2 mile past the no wake bouys anchored down in 35ft of water put the light in the water and right away started catching stripers using anchovies. Must have caught 70-80 fish kept 20 of the larger ones the largest was 7-1/2 lbs. Also caught 3 channel cats on the anchovies. Anyone else had much luck with anchovies for cats? What a fun/busy/no sleep night of fishing. Take care.

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Good job on the stripers, A buddy of mine said that the aqua fria arm is producing as well. Stripers can be a lot of fun...
    ~ I have never caught a channel cat on anchovies.. Every time I try, I catch turtles.

3. mud

mud New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey stinky fingers thats tight that you cought that many fish i have never been that lucky lol probly cuzz my skill isnt that good im pretty much a new fishermen but love it so much im going to the lake pleasant this friday and staying tell sunday night hope i catch sum couldnt amagne catching as many as you im shore fishing do you know any good spots ?

4. Jou

Jou New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Mud, was wondering if your fishing shore or boat?

5. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Sounds like you had a great time. Good job on all those stripers must have been a blast.:wink:

6. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Really hoping to hear some good reports from any of you guys that were lucky enough to get out this weekend.
    Anyone do any damage out there??

7. mud

mud New Member

State:
    arizona
    this weekend we got alot of stripers around 17 biggest one was 10 or 11 pounds bout 8 bass my buddy got a really big 8 pound large mouth of a rattle trap and caught alot of eater size channles biggest bout 15 pounds the biggest thing i caught was a full body sun burn lol but it was a blast and it was all on shore at scorpian bay :smile2:

8. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Holy cow Mud, you did all that from shore?? That is awesome!! How true about Pleasant, that when you hit it there, it's usually a bonanza, and when it's slow, it's dead. Congrats on a great trip!! I was hoping someone around here would have some luck. If I can't get out, it's great to hear about someone else's fun!