Lake Piru

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by smitty1963, Jun 21, 2008.

1. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Has anyone ever fished lake Piru and if so have you caught any cats???

2. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Sorry Ken, Piru is a little bit out of my range so I've never fished it but I checked the current fish report for you but sadly it says nothing about catfish.

PIRU: Fair to good trout bite on Power Bait, plastic worms and nightcrawlers for bait anglers. Trollers have been using Kastmasters, Rapalas or Needlefish in 65 to 85 feet. Most fish are in the one to two-pound range, with an occasional four-pounder or better. DFG trout plant three weeks ago. Slow to fair crappie action in 10 to 20 feet on white mini-jigs. Most fish are under a pound, with a few over. Bass action fair on nightcrawlers and plastic worms in 10 to 15 feet. Hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Information: park 805-521-1500, marina 805-521-1231.

3. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    thank you for the rsponse sir

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Yeah they never say anything about catfish at Piru.
    I've been there a couple of times and the guy at the Dock store says while there are a few caught from time to time no one ever fishes for them there.

5. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia

Sounds like they are not pressured then I imagine there are some hogs right around the dam area. I used to live in Santa Paula before I made the Navy a career now I wish I could give lake Piru a shot. Hard to do from Virginia