Lake Paul Wallace, Bennettsville, South Carolina

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bubbasmouse, Jun 3, 2006.

1. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Has anyone fished Lake Wallace in Bennettsville?

2. Weldoman

Weldoman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have a close friend and my fishing buddy that used to live in Bennettsville before moving back here (Gaffney) And we haved fished just about every good piece of catfish water in SC, Santee, Wylie, Wateree, etc. etc. And he's always saying that we need to make a trip to lake Paul Wallace. And he's going on and on about the nice catches of fish he's caught there. So yeah according to him it would be worth the trip. And this is coming from someone that has caught 30+ pounders with me at Santee! Good luck, and tight lines!

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the board Brian.

Never fished it myself but I've seen it listed the Rules and regulations book.

4. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    I went over to Lake Wallace early this afternoon and looked around and fished for about 3 hours. I caught 3 channel cats about 1 1/2 lbs each using DK's punch bait. I had quite a few bites. I only saw 4 other people fishing the time I was there. It is a real nice lake plenty of place to bank fish. There is a dike/island that goes out about half way into the lake, you can drive all the way out on the dike. Boats are allowed with 10 hp or smaller motor. There is a limit of 3 catfish a day. No live minnows or shiners are allowed. There is supposed to be blues and channel cats stocked by the DNR in the lake. I chatted with another fisherman who said he has seen blues up to 40 lbs caught there. I saw very little structure and have no idea how deep the lake is so it will be trail and error to find the good spots. I plan on trying to go back next weekend.

5. Weldoman

Weldoman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'll talk my fishin buddy up and see if he can give ya a heads up on some bait and a good honey hole ot two there

6. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Went to Lake Wallace this morning and caught 11 Channel Cats using Danny Kings Punch bait was also using Doc's Dip bait had some bites on the Doc's but none caught on it. The biggest one went about 2 lbs. We had alot of bites but the fish were just pecking at the bait hardly any runs at all.

7. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    I'm going to Lake Wallace tonight to give them a try. The weather is looking like it is going to be nice. My wife says it will be a all nighter I told her no only 4 or 5 hours she said she knows me and if I get a bite every 30 minutes or so I'll stay all night LOL. I'll try and give a report tomorrrow. Good luck to anyone else that is going fishing today and Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there tommorrow.

8. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Was a slow night. Only caught 3 channel cats biggest one about 3 lbs but we did better than everyone else. I did not see anyone else catch a single fish and the people I got to speak with said they didn't get any bites. I'm off tuesday and wednesday might go try them again one of those nights.