Lake Paul A Wallace

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bill in SC, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, we went to drift Lake Wallace tonight, but there was NO wind, not much anyhow. The trolling motor worked like a champion. The only drawback was that Chris had to run the motor and keep the boat aimed right, whilst I pulled in all the fishes!! :wink: We had lines in the water 3 1/2 hours and caught nine, 1 channel and 8 blues. All fish were in the 3 to 5 pound range, with the exception of a 17 1/2 pound blue. He fought like the devil! ALL fish were caught drifting in 2 1/2 to 5 feet of water on fresh bream heads and one on a small live bream! Water temp was 83 1/2 degrees. Lake Wallace is kinda odd in that it is mostly flat and shallow. The creek bed is 8 to 13 feet, and the rest of the lake averages probably about 6 feet. Not many contours. We caught them feeding in the shallows tonight. I like drifting/trolling!! ZERO fuel consumption, NO anchor to put out and pull in, and no drift buckets out the back. Seems like lazy man's fishin' compared to river fishin'!! :wink: Anyhow, Lake Wallace is only about 4 1/2 miles from the house so I hope to drift it frequently. There's a few bigguns in there, and a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. All fish were CPRed.

Bill in SC

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009