Lake Palestine

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by 1wthfish, May 4, 2008.

1. 1wthfish

1wthfish New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just wanted to let everyone know that if you haven't fished for cat on Lake Palestine, you are really missing out. Went out Saturday 05/03/08 and every where I went the wind had the lake kicking up pretty hard. I was gonna fish for hybrid-stripers and whites but got tired of fighting the trolling motor so I put in at Saline Bay and decided to put out the anchors and sit to see if the wind died down. Tried Danny Kings for the first time ( I prefer Hog Wild ) and from about 8:30 a.m. until about 10:00 a.m. I landed 19 channel, all keepers. I normally fish farther north around Pine Cove but wanted to try a new spot. I had three bites that snapped 17# Big Game so I may have had a big fish, I don't know. I never have fished foe blues but have seen some really huge fish brought in from trot-lines. i prefer to use a rod and reel, and have a pond full of bream and two boys who like to catch them. Any advice on how to use them as bait and how to rig them on a rod and reel would be appreciated.

2. knighthawk7

knighthawk7 New Member

State:
    texas
    Hi Mark, Thanks for the good report on Lake Palestine. I live on the East shore close to the dam. Did you chum (rotten grain )? I caught one nice hybrid this morning and 2 this afternoon.

3. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good to get a Lake Palestine update. Luke Clayton here. Hope you had a chance to read my column on Palestine a couple weeks ago, it's still posted here on the BOC at OUTDOORS WITH LUKE CLAYTON. I fished with Mike Weeks. Yes, the HOG WILD is some good stuff. Mike and several other guides have ben working with the folks at Magic Bait, putting the finishing touches on their new punch bait that will be called STICK IT... I've fished with this stuff and it's awesome. Will be on the shelves soon. We've had Mike Weeks there at Palestine testing and helping develop it, as well as George Rule at Tawakoni, Bro. Terry up at Eagle Mountain and Cliff Hill down in San Antonito at Calavaras.. All are reporting it's as good as it gets for catching catfish!
    You are lucky to live there on Palestine, it's an awesome lake! Good fishin', Luke

4. skip

skip New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anybody been the last week are so? Getting ready to give it a try. I fish the Nueches area alot. I have never tried Kickapoo.

5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Have not had a chance to fish Palestine yet, have a good friend that lives ON the lake. He doesn't fish much but his wife does. They keep the dock area baited most of the time and 10-15# fish are not unusual.