Lake Palestine

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gilly, Jan 5, 2006.

1. gilly

gilly New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anybody fishing Lake Palestine? I was tearing the flatheads up on the trotline all December long....Seems they have slowed for the winter, if you want to call it winter here. haha! Channels and blues are still being caught by the limit in about a 2-2.5 hour time frame.

2. bw19

bw19 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Gilly, I fish Palestine and would like to talk with you. I fish mostly below the 155 bridge in the winter and do a lot of drift fishing around the Villages in the summer. I would like to get together with you and trade ideas. I tried to send you a PM with phone number but being new to the board, it would not let me. Will it let you send me a PM with a phone number.

dan

3. big bill heller

big bill heller New Member

State:
    texas
    hey we live in Gonzales Texas, I am bills wife Mary we fish all of the time here in the Guadalupe River and some other places. we went to the Big Catfish Splash Tournament last weekend near Dallas but we didn't do so good. But we are always looking for new places to go!!! so where exactly is Palestine? Maybe we will come see you one day!
    seeya
    mary heller

4. shipchef

shipchef New Member

State:
    Texas
    I go to Palestine as often as I can--I live about 40 minutes away. I keep my boat in a boathouse in Emerald Bay, but water's too low to get it out right now--have to use the 14' aluminum boat. There are a couple of holes there in Saline Bay I fish a lot and used to set a trot line close to what is now Eagle's Bluff. I always put lines up in the tree field just past the 155 bridge. Was there a couple of weeks ago and stayed in Saline Bay and caught a 7.5 & 5.5# blue on a jug line and brought back a good bunch for the freezer. Get in touch if you're going out--my job is pretty easy to get away from (most of the time) especially the weekends. Stay safe--there are trees sticking up I never knew were out there!!

5. texasdog

texasdog New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey BW gonna be on palestine Aug. 2-4 will be staying at the villages would appreciate any advice where to find channels and blues