Lake Palestine

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by senecalaker, Apr 19, 2006.

1. senecalaker

senecalaker New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anyone have good experience at Lake Palestine?
    Going there next week...

2. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    hey rob, which part of the lake are you visiting? i've had good success mainly north of the 155 bridge. not too much experience south of the ledbetter highsaw area. palestine is a great under fished lake. i mainly bass fished when i lived there but caught nice cats at night off the pier. theres a lot of good cover there so i would recommend a topo map to find the structure ares in the cover.theres good road beds,stock tanks river channel. try the rocks in front of the villages.;)
    good luck,
    let us hear how you did.
    matt

3. gilly

gilly New Member

State:
    Texas
    Underfished, I would disagree with the amount of boats out last weekend.:rolleyes:

Lots of jug fishermen out right now. Sometimes navigating around them can be a trick.

Just find some cover and you will find the fish.

4. knapperheadmatt

State:
    texas
    hey gilly, that avatar looks like A dock at a certain marina i used to fish. i grew up on palestine but have'nt fished it in years. if thats the marina i think it is, there are some tremendous bass in there. crappie too.
    matt

5. gilly

gilly New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is the Villages Marina on the NE end of the lake. I caught many crappie out of there this spring, right under my boat in the stalls.

6. knapperheadmatt

State:
    texas
    we used to keep our boat there on the first dock, "A". man we used to tear up the bass in there alot of tournament fish released in there.i was there one night flipping a 10" worm in some brush the crappie guys put in the stalls and almost got yanked off the dock. this fish pulled about 50 yards of line on a dead run then wrapped up. i never saw it but it must have been a huge catfish.it felt like a truck. good luck
    matt

7. gilly

gilly New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yea, That is where I am at is in A dock.....I was throwing a cast net last weekend and pulled up about a 5 lb ba$$. This was during a FLW tournament and all the guys were looking over at me in disgust as I tossed it back in front of them:lol:

8. ETEX-JIGGER

ETEX-JIGGER New Member

State:
    TYLER, TEXAS
    Next Week Or So Will Be Good Around The Rocks At "the Villages" Of Of Fm 2661, They Love Shad There. Buddie Works At Tpw They Set Out Nets To Log Info, Caught Some That Were 8" And Had Eggs, Lots Of Big Fish But Tons Of Small Ones.

9. gilly

gilly New Member

State:
    Texas
    your are right about a ton of little ones.....it is a good place for action, but if your looking for keepers, that is not the place. Also, being that it is open to the public, there are a lot of people that come to bank fish there. And no respect, leaving there trash everywhere. If you have access to a boat, fish the stumps due west from the Villages.